And that’s a wrap for us in 2019.
Here are some of the things we have participated in and given our time to this year.
We continued to use social media to raise mental health literacy and raise awareness about events and resources for mental health.
We have also;
- Released a podcast about suicide prevention with Stu & Nick from Raise the Bar Radio.
- Presented 5 talks to community groups.
- Frankston Bombers Football/Netball Club
- Mt Eliza Football/Netball Club
- Merbein Football/Netball Club
- Baxter Fire station
- Sunraysia radio station
- Space 4 Us program for young people with a family member living with mental illness
- Gave two interviews with local papers.
- Spoke at the Mental Health Royal Commission.
- Sat on the recruitment panel for local suicide prevention group HALT.
- Donated items for Bunnings Frankston for their event on R U OK DAY.
- Donated merchandise to local schools and groups for R U OK DAY.
- Drove 14 hours to host an it’s okay round for the town of Merbein.
- Hosted a two day it’s okay round for the Frankston Bombers. Also coming down on the Thursday night to host a talk for the playing group.
- Participated and helped promote the 2nd OTLR Cup day.
- Supported at the 3rd Walk for Suicide Prevention.
- Was a commitee member for Chasing Change a grass roots suicide prevention network.
- Packed and distributed orders worldwide every 2 weeks for 11 months of the year.
- Replied to emails, inboxes and comments in lunch breaks, after work and whenever we had spare time.
- Designed and carefully chose merchandise items that we hoped you guys would love as much as us.
- Donated items for the Youth You Trivia night.
- Helped at the local Blue Christmas event.
- And attending and helped promote the feature film Happy Sad Man.
It’s been a big year, but we are so proud of the things we have achieved. Thank you all for your support, we wouldn’t be where we are without your encouragement and thanks.
Take care of yourselves.
Hayleigh, Georgia & Maddi